So when I woke up this morning, I was thinking about the comments he made. When I heard them last night, I knew there was something wrong about it, but I din know how to rebutt him at that point of time. Ha. With the wolf blass cleared from my brain, here is what I phantomed.
While our Prime Ministers are usually remembered for their pioneer political policies, our Presidents usually had more contact with the people. It's not because of who they are but how our political system function.
So is he really a nobody? No one's a nobody. I think as long as we are able to touch somebody's heart somehow, we are somebody. We might not be as great as people who left their mark in history, people like the Pope or people of power of the 'supernations'. These people were there for a reason. They touched many many hearts and their legacies live.
We are somebody to the people we love, our friends, our family. These are the ones that will remember us when we are gone. For Dr Wee, I am sure in his capacity when he was the President, he was significant in people's heart. (link) At least, he was to me.
Remember the story about the boy picking starfish up from the beach and throwing them back into the sea?
"At least it made a difference to that starfish."
1 comment:
as good as the pope was for you. :)
Post a Comment