Sunday, February 26, 2006

Continuity

Just a short entry. I am supposed to be studying for a test. but oh well.. have a couple of things on my mind to blog so i guess i better write them down before i forget.

Couple of events cumulated to this thought: 1) was chatting with zack over msn somewhere after the handball finals. he was thanking me (and of cos a few others) for the guidance and whatever you have not as seniors. 2)yesterday qy was telling me how ken is wondering what kind of impact he had left during his stay in KR when he was reviewing his past contributions.

These 2 events though happened separately, and there was some time lag inbetween, they stirred some emotions and thoughts in me.

I remembered there were times when I felt exactly like how zackie felt. Grateful for what the seniors had done for me. Though maybe not delibrately doing the things solely for me, but the appointments they hold or just being themselves which created the environment for me to grow. I don't think I ever thank any of them personally. But yes, I do feel grateful. Thus when I decided to step up, my main reason was to give back the hall (the juniors) what my seniors had given me. Might had been the wrong reason, but my objective wasn't to leave an impact or make sweeping changes. It was simply to let people have the chance on what I had been fortunate enough to go through.

and of coz in a way, repay those before me. That's the only way the legacy can stay alive. Through people living through them. So don't thank us. Let the spirit lives on. You know what I mean. :)

and ken (and whoever is thinking likewise). please don't doubt what you had done. the immeasurable influence you had exerted will only become evident with time. Looking at how you guys had grown had indeed been the best rewards.

I remember I had this entry some time back where I said Hon was telling me "how these guys are like us when we were freshies." How true. How true indeed. When that time comes for you, you will, like us, smile and be proud that you had left a part of you on someone and hopefully had shaped their lives in someway or another.

So enjoy the process and let the spirit lives. That's why youth development is important. Not only at soccer clubs. :)

I am happy I had met you guys. And had learnt alot. From those before and after.

"How the person is remembered when he dies, is testimonial of how he had lived."
- the late Rajaratnam

No comments: