Dear Eguanas.
Qinghuan here or better known as Qingyou's brother now... =S (he was known as Qinghuan's brother when he first came in...)
Some of you might know me but i guess most of the first years don't. Heard that this year's IBG (ICBG as it is now known) had been quite colourful. ha. trust me, when myself and hon (another eblk alumni) were around it was er... abit more spectacular.
every year this kind of shit happens. we were always the targets of misunderstanding. words of us "playing rough la, physical, unfriendly, aggressive" is all too familiar. well... i used to be quite affected especially in my 2nd year but subsequently i just let it go. Why? I think it was just a case of misalignment of objectives. Other blocks take IBG as a friendly competition and some even regarded trashing the other team as unfriendly. To me that was rubbish. When we step onto the courts, we put in our 100%, we play with pride.
I was always proud to represent the block and nothing less than 100% is acceptable to myself. I was just telling kendrick the other day - When I was a freshie, in my first IBG semifinals. I remembered it was basketball. We lost. And I cried. Why? Cause I knew i din put in my 100% and i felt i let the block down. I decided at that point I will never do that again be it ibg or ihg and I never looked back from then on. So for those who are affected in anyway about those negative comments about the block, just let it go yar. We know what we are doing, and as long as our conscience is clear, heck it. But if we did, let's apologise and never do that again. We play tough but not rough. Let it go. Why let those idiots make you unhappy?
Hmm... so... what's the objective of IBG? Winning the championship? No lor. Block bonding is. To me the training sessions is the most important aspect of IBG. It allows the the whole block to interact or as some might put it, to suffer together... esp through the gruelling morning training sessions. Winning the games are a bonus. There is no shame in losing, as long as we know we had prepared ourselves and had given all we could on the courts. From the way i see it, i think our block had done excellently well! superb! for the games that i had been able to come down for, our block had one of the most if not the most number of supporters. The attendance for the training sessions are superb too. and we had shown great fighting spirit on the courts. who dares say we are not winners? we are champions in our own rights!
To the seniors:It is a tough pill to swallow if we are not able to defend the title. Even though we know that is secondary. We have a reputation to maintain and a great record to sustain. But 7 championships out of 9 years sounds as good as 7 out of 8. At least we knew we din give it up without a fight! Come back stronger next year. Champions win because they stand up again everytime they fall.
haha... actually i am glad at the same time that some of you are feeling the disappointment of not retaining the title. I call it PRIDE. You people FEEL for the block. I was always proud to be an eguana and will always be. and i still address the block as MY block or OUR block whenever I talk about the block. I made many close friends during my stay and it will always feel like home. Even though we left the hall physically but emotionally we are still attached. haha. and i am always defensive of the block (yes! even now.) when i hear people bitch about the block.
So march on eguanas! we had made a great step for the year. We had already achieved what we set out to achieve for IBG! Winning is a bonus. if we din, so be it. We can live with that. Let's show more class than some people we know.
Heads up!
"Who are we?""We are the eblk eguanas!"
I always loved this cheer, too bad it din catch on. haha
cheers,
huan
No comments:
Post a Comment