"Work... in a blame free environment."
as part of the vision for that particular class cohort.
It just got me to think, is that really possible?
I think we were brought up in the environment in which there exist this culture of "Who made the mistake?". Look around you, we are always on the lookout for scapegoats when things go bad. "Someone gotta pay the price.", "Heads have to roll." how often had you heard this?
Maybe it's high time that we start to learn to make decisions instead of emphasising too much on making the right decisions. Ever realised that how we termed right decisions is always hinged on the success or failure of it? Few can logic that although sometimes the right decisions are made, things might just not turn out right and in the end, they are termed the wrong or bad decisions. But in the first place, it is the best decision given the circumstances?
Is that why we are so afraid to make mistakes?
Is that why we are so afraid to even decide, cos it might just turn out wrong?
I am sure I am not alone in this. Especially when deciding on where to go for a date or a place to or things to do for something as simple as a class outing. Sounds a tad bit familiar?
Blame free environment anyone?
On the other hand, blame free culture do exist in some sense. In handball (or team sports in general) for example. "We win as a team, we lose as a team!" BUT, if you are the one that made the mistake, won't you feel super damn guilty? Although i must say that it helps that your team-mate dun blame you in a sense.
Maybe we should rethink our decision making process.
Maybe we should rethink our reaction when things goes wrong.
Maybe we should learn to accept mistakes graciously.
My take is, this is a collective issue, more than a personal thing. But then again, as 子曰:修身,齐家,制国, 平天下. Everything starts from within to without.
Sidenote: Since everything is right, what you waiting for? You guys dunno what I will give to be in your position. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I do believe some things just happen once. Maybe I had lost and yearned for more.
缘来就是你?
No comments:
Post a Comment