While sending a friend back from camp today, we were talking about DVC and he was asking me how come the templars (as shown in the movie) suddenly became the bad guys.
Ha. As i was trying to explain to him, i so happen to draw a parallel between the movie and... star wars. Those who had watched will know that the Jedi were suddenly accused of treason and were executed separately/simultaneously/suddenly while on individual missions. haha, how that struck me i do not know.
Well, today is the end of course. End of honeymoon. Had been super fun and i have a few major take-aways.
Blue blooded pple will always be blue-blooded
I sorta realised that everyone has a place to man. I was looking at some of the high-fliers and was thinking to myself, "these pple deserve to get what they are paid". Looking at their conduct, what they talk about during class, i sorta understand why they are blue-blooded in the first place. I tried to cast myself in their position, and sadly i can conclude that i am not on par with them in terms of talent, depth in thoughts and maybe passion.
However, i would like to qualify what i just said. It is possible to work up to their level, making up the 'disadvantage' with hard work and beliefs. Not the easiest task, but it can be done.
Be happy
"Once you realised grades are not important, you reached nirvana." Bold statement, idealistic in some sense but does hold some truth.
Let's face it. With the kind of system we are in, it is difficult to not think of the grades and how the organisation/society/people around you grade you. However, if you can see through that, it is gonna be easier on yourself.
I came to the course with the aim to take away the necessary professional knowledge to do my job. Rankings were not the first thing on my mind. I just told myself to do whatever I can and to the best of what i can. No regrets. And i can say i did fairly well (better than what i expected myself to do) and i enjoyed the process.
A start of another journey. I shall try to enjoy myself and take a deserved break. :)
1 comment:
Hey morsels, don't blog that I don't read your blog anymore haha... Agree with what you said here. My view is that 'success in life' is too narrowly define in our society today, and those who can see beyond what they've actually been enslaving themselves to shall find true happiness. :)
Post a Comment